HuPerT® is a Human Performance Trainer developed to minimize and eliminate Human Performance Errors. ROPA Technologies. Training Program has been designed to train and evaluate in accordance with the Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO®) Human Performance Guidelines and Standards.
HuPerT® is designed to help prevent, anticipate and catch Human Performance errors during the performance of work in any sector. Extensive analysis of tragic events by experts in the nuclear industry have identified many commonalities which allowed the Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO®) to create their compendium of directives which has become the basis of Human Performance worldwide. HuPerT® was designed with these directives in mind and we are continually refining our product according to our client’s needs and industry’s requirements.
Each HuPerT® model has seven programs designed to train and evaluate your employees according to the following Human Performance Tools: Briefings, Communications, Procedures, Situational Awareness, Checking, and Verification. Actuation of the various style buttons and rotating controls, typical of those found in Nuclear Power Plants and for Process Control, results in visual and audible indication of correct and incorrect Operator actions that can be easily adapted to meet your company’s learning objectives.
HuPerT® 1000 is full-size a Human Performance Trainer that is designed to control errors and faults by employees in areas of critical safety such as Nuclear Power Generating Stations. To enhance the scope of Human Performance Training, it can be coupled with the HuPerT® DLA (Dynamic Learning Accessory). For Instructors on the go, the HuPerT® 2000. version is a compact and portable variant of the full-size HuPerT® 1000 with all the same features. The system comes pre-programmed with seven instructional programs:
- One short program with 12 steps and no faults designed to be used during the initial training of Human Performance skills.
- One medium-length program with 24 steps which can have up to 3 optional faults selected by the instructor. All the optional selected faults are Instructor corrected to allow the worker to continue with the procedure without error.
- This program is designed to be used during initial training to enhance Human Performance skills being taught.
- Four long programs with 44 steps each which can have up to 5 optional faults selected by the instructor. All the optional selected faults are Instructor corrected to allow the worker to continue with the procedure without error.
- These programs were designed to be used to enhance Human Performance skills during initial and continuing training.
- Accessory Fluid Dynamic Learning Activity (“DLA”) program with 43 steps used when the DLA unit is connected to either HuPerT® model. This program is designed to focus on the teamwork element of Human Performance training by incorporating a local and remote team using radio communications.
All of the above Program Features may be used during:
- Initial Training for New Hires,
- Continuing Training for Experienced Hires, and
- Remedial Training for when there is a failure of the Initial or Continuing Training or after an error event has been determined to have had Human Performance contributing factors.