To join two lengths of rope, the ropes are first joined using the appropriate knot (as is normally used to tie two (2) lengths of rope together) and then the electrical connection is accomplished using a Coupler (P/N: C32B or C32D).
Rope/Cable Coupler (C32*)
- Intrinsically Safe: When used with Rescom® Elite™ and Rescom® Modular™ system.
- Easy-Twist™ Connectors: Military-style bayonet Connector can be easily disconnected while wearing gloves
- Heavy-Duty: Brass construction, makes the connector rugged & durable
- Certifications: MSHA, OSHA, IECEx, ATEX, CSA, UL and ISO 9001:2015
- Typical Application: Used to connect two Cables/Ropes
- Model C32D: Connects using SEDFLEX™ (Not Certified) or DuraCORE™ (Certified) cable for interconnection – 32cm (13”) long
- Model C32B: Connects using MSHA certified cable for interconnection – 32cm (13”) long
How to connect Easy-Twist™ Connectors?
Align key ways of the two connectors (Cable/Rope and Coupler) and push together. Rotate the knurled sleeve 1/3 turn clockwise to draw the connectors together. Rotate sleeve until it snaps into its detent position. Connector is watertight when the dots are aligned.
To Connect: Turn Clockwise
To Disconnect: Turn Counter Clockwise
NOTE: The electrical connection of the Combined Safety/Communication Rope™ to the other system components should be completed after the rope has been anchored and attached to the safety harnesses using methods appropriate to current safety standards. When properly assembled, electrical connectors will not be stressed when tension is applied to the rope.
- OSHA: Meets all OSHA safety standards for confined space entry.
- CSA and UL: Approved as per standard #C22.2 No.157-92 and UL #913 Seventh Edition (CSA File No. 224590-1669565)
- Class I, Div. 1 Groups A, B, C, & D
- Class II, Div. 1 Groups E, F, G
- Class III, Div. 1 Gaseous Mines
- MSHA: Tested for Intrinsic Safety in Methane-Air Mixtures Only when used with Rescom® Modular™
(Approval Number: 23-A100005-0)
- IECEX: Approved when used with Rescom® Elite™ or Rescom® Modular™
- ATEX: Approved when used with Rescom® Elite™ or Rescom® Modular™
- ISO 9001:2015: All SED products are ISO 9001:2015 certified