The Rescom® V-Mic™ gives rescuers the ability to locate and monitor a person trapped without a direct connection. It has proven effective to locate and communicate with victims in a structure collapse.
The portable, lightweight kit is easily deployable, allowing the highly-sensitive microphone to be dropped into a shaft, collapsed structure or vessel with the ability to hear even the faintest sounds. It can pick up sounds quieter than 40dBA and amplifies sounds up to 177 times (45dBA).
To operate the V-mic™ system,
- For deployment, simply connect the DSI-VM (DSI-VC & V-Mic™) to a DMI-E (Master Unit).
- Select the normal sensitivity setting by adjusting the audio level to “Low”.
- Switch the DMI-E to (Master Unit) “ON” to supply power to the DSI-VM (DSI-VC and V-Mic™)
- Lower it into the collapsed structure or work site.
- Position the V-Mic™ at the desired spot and increase sensitivity by selecting the “HIGH” setting on the Sensitivity Selection Switch and adjusting the volume to monitor the victim.
- Reposition as necessary, repeat steps 2-5. It’s that easy!
The V-mic™ can be used with any length of cable up to 4.8km (3 miles) and is fully compatible with the Rescom® Elite™ and Rescom® Modular™ system. The V-Mic™ can be deployed with up to 1000ft (300m) of wire from the Control Unit and a total communication distance (DMI-E to V-Mic™) of 4.8km (3miles).